Wednesday, January 4, 2012

C25K-Week 1, Day 2

I just wanted to write up a quick post about my C25K Week 1, Day 2 experience. My friend, Caryn, was talking to me about the program and gave me some really good advice. Although I wanted to go to the gym to do Day 2 yesterday, she suggested that I take the day to rest, and I am really glad I did.

Today, it was a lot less crowded at the gym so I didn't feel so claustrophobic (and self conscious seeing as my cat clawed my face last night). My run was so-so today. Part of me was annoyed with myself because I had to pause for about a minute in the middle of my workout. While my hip didn't bother me so much today, I was having sharp pains in the side of my ankle and I was beginning to limp. I decided to pause because I didn't want to cause an injury. After massaging the area for the brief break, I felt better and went back to my run. The odd thing about this pain was that it only bothered me when I was doing the walking portion, not the running. Weird. Anyway, the good part was that I increased my run speed today, even though it wasn't by much. I felt comfortable at the faster pace but ended up slowing it down a tad after my leg started to hurt. My distance was about the same as Day 1. So all in all, I feel I made a lateral move--I didn't do better, but I didn't do worse so that's a positive to me! I plan on resting again tomorrow and probably doing my final run for the week on Friday.

I plan on stretching better and longer before my next run in hopes of avoiding my hip and leg pain because I suspect that that could be the cause of my aches. I also plan on drinking more water before my workout.

Oh, and I need to invest some money in a decent sports bra. Or a nice big roll of duct tape. Nancy Sinatra's boots may have been made for walking, but my boobs were not made for running.

I'll keep you posted xo

No comments:

Post a Comment